No Shot Dentistry
The Solea laser is driven by the technology of providing our patients with a comfortable and drill-free experience. Using absolutely no needles and anesthesia, Solea gives patients a unique journey of solving their dental problems in just one visit. The hi-tech system is engineered to provide a sound-free and relaxed environment for both the patient and the doctor while doing the procedure.
Here are some of the ways that dental lasers can be used:
- NO SHOT Dentistry – Laser energy numbs the tooth allowing a cavity to be filled shot free.
- Reshaping soft tissue – Dental lasers can dissolve soft tissue to expose more of the natural tooth (crown lengthening), reshape soft tissue to make “gummy smiles” more attractive, and remove uncomfortable soft tissue folds caused by denture wear.
- Frenectomy – Lasers can improve speech and the feeding habits of babies, children and adults by untying the tongue.
- Implant uncovering – For “second stage” implant surgery, a laser is used to remove some gum to place a healing abutment.
- Biopsy – Lasers are sometimes used to perform a biopsy on suspicious areas of soft tissue. This biopsy procedure can be performed instantly and with great precision.
- Snoring – a special application tightens the tissue on the back of the throat without pain or trauma.
The majority of hard- and soft-tissue procedures in our office are done with no anesthesia, and soft-tissue procedures are done with virtually no bleeding. Blood-free and anesthesia-free procedures represent a major leap forward in dentistry, as we are able to execute multi-quadrant dentistry, fillings on the fly, and soft-tissue procedures in a single appointment. What does that mean for you, our patient? You are now able to receive the care you need in a fraction of the time—and pain—you were accustomed to from traditional drills. Solea is also far less invasive than using a traditional handpiece, which makes healing time following a procedure much shorter. When patients have anesthesia, they typically leave the office with that numb feeling still prevalent. With Solea, you are able to go right out to lunch or back to work without that numb sensation following your appointment. Solea is truly changing what it means to go to the dentist.
Solea Laser is the answer: COVID SOLUTION with up to 99.9% reduction in aerosols & splatter
Multiple structured and controlled lab studies performed in a clinic by a practicing dentist corroborated that Solea reduces dental splatter and aerosols by up to 99.9% compared to traditional handpieces. Solea achieves this by utilizing ~67-83% less water flow, ~74% less air pressure, and by cutting without contact, as opposed to drills, which cut using burs that spin at up to 400,000 RPM. This finding supports recent guidance provided by the ADA, recommending dentists use clinical techniques that “reduce aerosol production as much as possible, as the transmission of COVID-19 seems to occur via droplets and aerosols.”
Our dental laser will give you an experience so unique that you will find it hard to believe you are at the dentist.
No Shot Fillings
Needles and noises can make a trip to the dentist scary for kids. Our new noiseless and virtually painless Solea dental laser lets us tackle most of the hard and soft tissue procedures without anesthesia. That’s bound to put a smile on their face.
Laser dentistry is incredibly versatile and plays an important role in a growing number of common dental procedures. Though laser dentistry is most notably associated with cosmetic treatments, it is equally effective for preventative and surgical purposes. Lasers take far less time than conventional methods and cause far less anxiety and discomfort.